So what I really want to do is have the title of the Recipe that you can click on and go to the recipe.
But I still have not figured out how to get this page the way I want so I will keep trying…
So I talked to several people today about differnt recipes that I have used and I really wanted to be able to reference them here. So I’m thinking I may just put some links in for a reference til I can figure out how to make this page the way I want…. Realize I tweek recipes all the time and don’t necessarily follow them exactly
- lemon pie
So can I enter a post on this page? NO… hmm.
how can I make this page the way I want it?? I also noticed recipe layouts changed on me…. ugh bear with it and find what you are looking for and I will try to find time to make this page better.
So I am trying to figure out the best way to do recipes here scroll thru to find the one you want:
Meatballs for Spaghetti & Meatballs
Adapted from https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/grandma-maronis-meatballs-100-year-old-recipe-recipe-1950417
Here is as close to the exact recipe I used to make my meatballs. One batch makes approximately 29 meatballs.
- 1 pound 80/20 Ground Beef
- 3 oz Shredded Onion (rubbed on lg cheese shredder side)
- 3/4 oz minced Garlic
- 3/4 cup Grated Cheese (I used 1/4 cup Pecorino/Romano Grated Cheese & 1/2 cup Parmasean Cheese)*
- 1/4 cup of my homemade Basil Pesto (could use store bought, original recipe says fresh basil chopped up)
- 3 eggs slightly beaten w/ a fork
- 2 oz Milk
- 1/3 Fresh Parsley Leaves chopped/minced up
- 3/4 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper respectively
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray rimmed edge cookie sheet with pam.
Break apart beef in a large mixing bowl, add onion, garlic, basil pesto, cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, salt & pepper. Gently toss all ingredients together, then add eggs and milk. Contine to mix everything together. But don’t over work the meat mixture. You want it to still seem light and not super tightly mixed/mashed. I use my small ice cream/cookie scoop to help scoop out a meatball. You want them to be about golf ball size, gently roll the ball in your hands so meatball still seems light not heavy and mashed.
Place meatballs on prepared cookie sheet and bake 30-35 minutes. I used a spatulat to loosen the cooked meatballs from cookie sheet and allowed to rest and cool a little there. You can refrigerate them at this point if you are making them ahead of time or freeze also. When ready to cook I put some sauce in large pot, then gently added meatballs and more sauce to cover all the meatballs. I warmed everything up slowly and every once in a while GENTLY stiring so as not to break the meatballs.
* recipe calls for all Pecorino Ramano, I usually use this but didn’t have enough for 3 batches so split w/ Parm and it is just as good.
Orange Quinoa Salad
2 T Olive Oil
1 cup water
1 cup orange juice
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 15 ½ oz. can Mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup baby spinach, coarsely chopped
1 T. minced red onion
¼ c. raisins or Craisins
¼ c. walnuts, broken in small pieces and refreshed in 250 degree oven 7 minutes (Optional)
1 ½ T. orange juice
1 tsp. orange zest
2 t. olive oil
1 T. Pomegranate Wine vinegar
1 t. honey
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook Quinoa, water and orange juice to boil. Cook covered 15-25 minutes on low until all liquid is absorbed. Cool
Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
When the quinoa is cooled, mix rest of ingredients and dressing together. Can be served warm or cold. I think it is best chilled a few hours. Even better the next day. Keeps up to a week.
Serves 6 generously.If I had leftover chicken I could try putting it with part of this.
This summer I got 2 Lavender Basil plants from a friend. They have done well but now I am trying to figure out what to do since the Lavender aroma is not quite what I want on my Pasta. I did some searching on the net and found several websites with lots of recipe ideas. I decided for the Lavender basil to make a sugar scrub for hands and feet. October 2016.
Thai Chicken Cups (posted Dec 2015)
- 2 Tblsp Sour Cream
- 1 Tblsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 - 4 dashes of Siracha
- 1 cup Cooked Chicken Breast (diced small)
- 5 oz Shredded Carrots cut up into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces (half of a 10oz bag)
- 1 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack Cheese plus more for topping
- 45 prebaked fillo cups (3 pkgs of Athens brand fillo cups 15/pkg)
- 1/2 cup or so of Mango Chutney
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl mix first 7 ingredients to combine. Then add in chicken and carrots stir to combine. Add cheese and stir to combine. Place fillo cups on cookie sheet. Spoon mixture into cups and top with small pinch of Monterry Jack Cheese. Bake approximately 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temp.
- 2# 90% Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Tblsp Canola Oil
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 15 oz Can Petite Diced Tomatoes low sodium
- 1 15 oz Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes low sodium
- 1 15 oz Can Black Beans Rinsed low sodium
- 1 15 oz Can Bush's Chili Pinot Beans Medium Heat
- 1 6 oz Can Tomato Paste
- 1 15 oz Can Beef Broth low sodium
- 1 Tblsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Get your crock pot out and ready.
- In a large skillet heat oil and add hamburger, cook until browned.
- Add diced onion to browned hamburger and cook for a couple minutes stirring to incorporate and warm onions. Transfer beef and onion to crock pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the crock post stirring as you go to make sure thoroughly mixed together.
- Cook at 250-300 degrees for 3-4 hours stirring occasionally. If crock pot only has hi/low cook on hi for couple hours then change to low. You are wanting all the flavors to meld together.
Hopefully this recipe plugin will work and if I need to edit I can some back into Notes here or anywhere else and make changes. Also need to figure out picture.
Thai Veggie Salad
Grilled Thai Chicken with Sweet & Spicey Dipping Sauce.
Cous Cous with grilled veggies and lemon vinegarette
Lemon Delight Desset
- 2 9x13 baking dishes.
- 4 packages of Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies
- 1/2 to 1 cup Fresh brewed strong coffee (optional Kahlua)
- 4 8oz pkgs of Cream Cheese (can use 1/3 fat for a couple)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons or so of Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of so of Brown Sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla (divided)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (divided)
- 3 cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk (can use fat free)
- Remove labels from Sweetened Condensed Milk, bring large pot of water to boil put cans into boiling water so they are on their side, not standing upright. Turn heat back slightly but make sure water continues to boil and make sure cans are always covered with water, add more water as needed. Cook 1.5 to 2 hours. Using tongs carefully remove and set aside to cool until able to handle without burning hands at least 30 min maybe longer.
- Using mixer whip cream adding 1 tsp of vanilla, sugar and brown sugar as it becomes stiff. You are wanting to make whipped cream. Set in fridge to keep cold.
- Open Sweetened Condensed Milk cans and pour into bowl, add 1 tsp of vanilla and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
- Take room temp cream cheese and put in mixer turn on and begin to smooth out and add a little air, once creamy add 3/4 of caramel to cream cheese, add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon blending until incorporated and smooth.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese/caramel mixture.
- Begin layering, put cookies down in pan face up, drizzle with coffee.
- Put just enough cream cheese mixture on top of cookies to cover then put cookies down drizzle with coffee top with cream cheese. Add final (3rd layer) of cookies, top with cream cheese mixture then drizzle 1/2 of Sweetened Condensed milk on top. Repeat for the second pan.
- Refridgerate overnight to 24 hours, the longer the better.
- Remove from fridge cut and serve.
- 1 bottle Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup O orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup New Amsterdam Berry Vodka
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup
- Frozen Peaches
- Make sangria without peaches, drink about 2/3 fruit and juice, so you are pacing yourself.
- Allow rest to sit in fridge for a couple days, fruit will loose a little color and absorb some of the liquid. When ready to make slush, pour sangria liquid and fruit in blender, add 12 oz frozen peaches hit blend and process til smooth. should make blender full.
- Be careful, alcohol can sneak up on you.
Nancy’s Lemon Meringue Pie; and when you click on it a recipe card opens up. Still trying to figure out how to do this vs having recipe cards here all the time. HELP!!!!! this is driving me crazy.
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 7 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 3 eggs separated
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 6 Tablespoons of Sugar (for Meringue)
- 1/8 teaspoon Cream of Tarter
- Heat oven to 400 degrees bake pie crust til lightly golden.
- In a saucepan combine sugar, corn starch, salt. Stir/whisk to mix up a little, add water heat on stovetop stirring frequently to dissolve ingredients. Continue to stir to keep from scalding, once bring mixture to a boil it will become opaque and thick. Remove from heat, put spoonful of this into the egg yolks to temper, add additional spoonful stirring into egg yolks. Then stir yolk mixture into saucepan combining completely. Return to low/medium heat stirring constantly and return to boil for at least 1 minute. Remove from heat again, add butter stir until melted. Add lemon zest, and slowly add lemon juice in stirring to combine totally. Pour this mixture into prebaked pastry shell.
- To make meringue, begin whisking on high speed egg whites and cream of tarter. once soft peaks begin slowly adding 6 Tablespoons of sugar mixing until well combined and stiff peaks. Carefully put on top of lemon filling making sure it meringue seals against the pastry shell to prevent shrinkage. Using spatula lightly tap meringue to create peaks on top of meringue.
- Bake at 350 degrees approximately 10 minutes until meringue golden. Remove from oven cool on counter then refrigerate.
- 2 small Onions (finely diced)
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper (seeded, cored & finely diced)
- 2 Ribs of Celery (finely diced)
- 2 heaped teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 2 heaped teaspoons Dried Rosemary
- 2 cups Red Wine (Petite Sirah or Shiraz)
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 heaped tablespoons Garlic (Minced)
- 3lb 90% Lean Ground Beef
- 1lb Mild Italian Sausage Ground
- 1 cup Cream
- 4 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespoons Worcheshire Sauce
- 1 1/3 cup Panko
- 2 teaspoons Pepper (Freshly ground)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 can Fire Roasted Tomatoes (15oz)
- 3 cups Ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 10 pieces Bacon
- Sauteing Veggies: Melt butter, then add diced veggies, thyme, & rosemary to saute pan. Cook until softened. Don't forget to use a little salt and pepper. Once softened add wine and reduce to almost dry. Set aside to cool.
- Break up meat in large bowl,use hands to combine beef and sausage. In a separate bowl hand whisk eggs then add cream, mustard, worchestshire sauce, and pepper whisking until well blended. Measure out Panko and have ready.
- Add Egg/Cream mixture to meat and gently mix in using your hands, then add panko, and gently mix it in. Then dump 1/2 of the veggie mixture into the meat mix and gently combine with your hands. Do NOT overwork.
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray, gently dump meat into pan, and shape into loaf. Will probably take up entire dish. Leave a little space all the way around for the sauce/bacon.
- Using remaining half of veggies in saute pan, add ketchup, fire roasted tomatoes, red wine vinegar. Stirring to combine and heating until bubbly. Reduce heat and continue to simmer for about 5-8 minutes. Then pour over meat loaf. Top Sauce with bacon slices.
- Bake at 350 uncovered for approximately 1.5 - 2 hours. Allow to sit and rest 10-15 minutes plus before serving.
- This recipe can be made a couple hours ahead of time and kept warm or rewarmed.
now the apple one
- 1/2 Broccoli Crown
- 1-2 Carrots sliced thin
- 1 c snow peas
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- 1 cup Pearl Cous Cous
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 T Lemon juice
- 6 T EVOO
- Put veggies in grill basket and grill until tender.
- Put water and butter in sauce pan bring to boil add cous cous cook as directed appx 8 minutes. remove from heat stir in veggies.
- Using Lemon juice and EVOO and Salt and Pepper make vinegarette, pour over cous cous and vegies and stir/toss well.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature.
This will be a recipe page hopefully.
Ok going to attempt to put a recipe on this page for Meatloaf will see what happens